Want to Work at Custom Content Solutions?
Join Our Team as a Creative Word Nerd!
You’re a skilled writer and editor who loves making others shine through creative copy, who finds great joy in doing work well the first time around, and who is looking for a job that finally allows you to put all your skills to use. Sound like you? Then you’re likely just who I’m looking for.
First, a little introduction…
I’m Cari Twitchell, owner and Chief Word Nerd of Custom Content Solutions. At CCS, we deliver personalized, purpose-filled web content that captures our customers’ voices while helping them build their businesses. This company thrives thanks to the ingrained values of authenticity, collaboration, empathy, personability, integrity and quality.
What about you? Are you:
- A lover of words?
- A believer in personalized customer service?
- Enthusiastic about bringing out the best in yourself and others?
- A self-starter who loves problem-solving?
- An unabashed Type A personality?
- A bit quirky or even … *gasp* … a self-proclaimed nerd?
If you answered these questions with a wholehearted, “Heck yeah!”, then I hope you will consider applying for this position.
I’m looking for a Creative Word Nerd (i.e., copywriter) who readily embraces all aspects of a content-related position, including writing, editing, interviewing and all things marketing.
Some web content writing experience and knowledge of AP Style are preferred. But you need not be proficient in WordPress, email marketing platforms, or other software solutions. I can teach you all of that. I do, however, require you to be able to write marketing copy and educational copy for service-based businesses, including professional services, home services and health-related services, among many others.
The Creative Word Nerd will:
- Write unique, personalized copy for each customer—tailored to each customer’s preferences regarding point of view, voice and tone—with the goal of creating copy that connects with visitors and converts them to paying clients.
- Maintain high editorial standards for all copy, with a focus on clarity and conciseness, and a goal of delivering final content that matches customer expectations.
- Perform focused interviews with customers to gather key information required to write copy that meets the expectations laid out in the above bullet.
- Handle projects and meet deadlines to ensure CCS remains the go-to destination for high-quality, timely content.
The right person for this position:
- Has a great eye for detail, consistency and
- Takes initiative and drives forward on all tasks.
- Is technology savvy.
- Believes in delivering exceptional customer service always.
- Connects quickly with others to build rapport.
- Enjoys working with others to complete a project.
- Is a high communicator.
- Thrives in a deadline-driven environment.
- Takes constructive criticism and negative feedback in stride.
- Adeptly manages multiple projects at any given time.
- Is resourceful.
- Loves a good challenge.
- Is organized and strategic about how they spend their time.
- Takes full ownership of and pride in their work.
- Works hard and plays hard. (What’s the point of working if you can’t also have fun?!)
This position is absolutely wrong for anyone who:
- Prefers working solo.
- Avoids customer interactions like the plague.
- Is looking for a side hustle while building their own business.
- Isn’t willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Isn’t adaptable to change.
Still interested? Then I bet you’ll love that this position offers:
- A job where you get paid to do what you love and where you can let all your strengths come shining through.
- A means by which you get to help others shine in their own light, thereby helping them find success in their own businesses.
- A supportive, encouraging environment where you can spread your wings and learn new things.
- Behind-the-magic access to how I’ve built a successful, and growing, online content business.
- A non-traditional boss who embraces flexibility, family and fun (and who doesn’t believe in the traditional 9-5 grind… A 40-hour workweek? What’s that?!)
A few final details…
CCS is in growth mode. I’m looking for someone who is willing to dive into new projects, co-learn with the team as we grow, and take the reins on assigned projects. I want someone who is committed to helping grow this business, as that will only bring more opportunities for all of us.
- Pay: $14-$18 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Hours: 18-20 hours per week
- Location: Virtual (with opportunities for in-person team events on a semi-annual basis)
Let me be clear here: What matters most to me is a great personality, cultural fit and writing aptitude. Technical skills can be learned. So, with that, this position is contract-to-hire. You’ll start as a contractor for a period of three months. If all goes well for everyone, at the end of the three-month period we will choose together to either bring you on as an employee or keep you on as a contractor, if you prefer.
Believe this position is custom-tailored to you? Here’s how to apply.
To be considered for this position, you must fill out the online application and send it my way. The application will remain open through November 11th. I’ll review applications and be in touch shortly after the application has closed.
Ready to apply? Click this link to fill out the application.