Meet Cari Twitchell, JD
Hi! I’m Cari, and I’m a hugger.
Truly, I love warm hugs. And, once you’ve met me, you are quickly welcomed into the hugging circle. (Unless you don’t like hugs, of course. But, really, they’re so good for you!)
I’m also a copywriter and strategist who has been helping professionals make a greater impact online since 2007. While I never thought myself a writer, I’ve found I have a knack for listening to a person’s story and writing compelling copy in their voice.
Also, I’m highly organized and strategic, which helps me in creating web content that is:
- Easy to understand
While I love the versatility of writing on any topic for web pages and blog posts, my favorite projects involve site organization, site architecture, website audits, and creating content for professionals who love embracing what it is that makes them unique.
Getting to Know the Real Me
Everyone has this place in their bio where they give short-shrift to who they actually are. You know, that final sentence or two that talks about family life or favorite pastimes. And I get it. Most folks read a bio to get to know about a person’s educational and work history—to see if that person has the knowledge and experience to do what they need to be done.
Even still, I believe bios are the one place where you can truly be yourself. Where you can, and should, show your personality. Why? Quite simply, you’re hiring me for my skills, but you’re going to get my personality to boot. So why not give you a glimpse into what it is that makes me “me” on any given day?
I grew up in California and was an official “Valley Girl” for a few years. Even after moving back to Minnesota—where I was born—I never outgrew the need for and love of constant sunshine. This makes 7-month-long winters hard to bear sometimes.
I went to Macalester College, where I first pursued a degree in Theatre before turning my attention to Sociology and Political Science, where I discovered my interest in legal studies for the greater good. I went to law school, starting at Seattle University and ending at William Mitchell College of Law, where I cemented my passion for human and civil rights. And I fell into marketing in 2007, where I unexpectedly, yet happily, found my vocation.
A few other fun tidbits about me:
- I’m a big Disney fanatic. I even got married at Disney World. Yes, it was as magical as you’d expect.
- I love all sorts of other nerdy things. Harry Potter (I’m a Hufflepuff!), Doctor Who, Game of Thrones… I love all things geek and am not afraid to show it.
- I’m a voracious reader. From children’s books (I have a young son, which is the excuse, er…reason, why I read these) to business books, popular fiction to humor, and sci-fi/fantasy to mystery, I cannot get enough of a good book.
- I have a superpower. I can drum up a song for just about any situation and can be relied upon to start singing or humming a tune at any given moment.
Enough About Me. Tell Me About You!
My favorite part of my workday is when I get to interview professionals about the things that make them unique, that make them tick, that bring them joy. I know there are folks out there who need you because of who you are!
Are you ready to tell me your story? Do you want content that sounds like you and connects with your ideal clientele? Then drop me a note or give me a call at 612-643-1824. I look forward to hearing from you!
Connect With Me
A Few of My Favorite Things
- Book: Harry Potter & the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Play: Everything put on by Theatre Pro Rata
- Musical: Singin’ in the Rain
- Movie: Anything featuring Robin Williams
- Coffeehouse Order: Chai Tea Latte
- Cocktail: Pear & Elderflower Martini
- Vacation spot: Disney World
- Music: 80s, baby!
The Values I Hold Dear
- High Work Ethic
Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths